Taiwan

Taiwan EAP- what you need to know, what they didn't tell you, or what you "forgot" to read in the handbook...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

2 weeks break then HOME!

After you are all done with school, you'll have about two spare weeks. Some go home right away, while others stick around to travel. If you think you didn't see enough of Taiwan in the last 3-4 months (you'll never have the time), then you'll do what I did and see whatever you think you missed.

My 2 sisters came for the two weeks and we spent the time shopping, looking at monuments, and hanging out with family. They were the fastest 2 weeks ever. Since I saved everything for when they came, I finally went to the top of Taipei 101, saw Gu Gong (the National Palace Museum), went to CKS Memorial Hall (saw the changing of the guards), and even managed to squeeze in a trip to Ali Shan (famous mountains). My sisters and I also spent a day taking those "professional" photographs where you get one of those books... there's nothing like asia...

As for packing, I was lucky because my sisters came (and even one of my sister's boyfriend), therefore they each brought me an empty suitcase to bring stuff back with. When I arrived in Taiwan back in August, I came with one large suitcase full of my stuff and one small one full of gifts. Going home I had 5 pieces of luggage all containing everything I accumulated over the months. SO I would suggest either be an incredible NON-shopper or get more luggage bags. If you want, you can ship things home but that requires a ton of money. Definitely use the 2 check-in and 2 carry on's to your advantage!

Here's what I did during my time off with my sisters!