Taiwan

Taiwan EAP- what you need to know, what they didn't tell you, or what you "forgot" to read in the handbook...

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Dorm Life





If you're used to living in the residence halls, then the dorms here shouldn't be extremely different. It takes some getting used to, as do all things, but eventually you'll be very happy here. The first thing I noticed was that the homes and dorms here don't have carpet, so students just go out and buy these puzzle piece looking things to put on the floor and make it cushier. Since I am only here for a semester, I live on the 2nd floor, however people who are here for a year can decide if they want to live on the 4th floor (with your own bathroom). Here's my room and the hallway. I bought puzzle pieces with carpet while others bought thick rubber colorful ones.


The 2nd floor is split in 2 basically. One side is the guys and the other is the girls. Some students actually decided to not live in the dorms, but I feel that they're missing out on a TON of fun. Like regular dorms we all just mingle and go out and party... whatever you like to do, they're be someone here to keep you company.