Taiwan

Taiwan EAP- what you need to know, what they didn't tell you, or what you "forgot" to read in the handbook...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Before departure...

Overpacking is a huge problem for me and for most girls. My friend always says "however much you want to pack, bring half." Unfortunately, I forgot to pay attention to that rule...fortunately Eva Air allows 2 check-ins of 32kg EACH. Go crazy if you like, but since this country has such cheap stuff...spare the big stuff and just buy it over here.

Things you NEED to bring that I personally forgot or didn't bring enough of:

1. MORE passport photos... yes more... and at least 6

2. A pair of close-toed walking shoes for when it rains (I only have my rainbows)

3. Taiwan currency - try to get some beforehand because the airport rips you off

4. "AfterBite" bug medicine - available at REI stores...its a god-send for mosquito bites

5. Bug repellent - make sure you get 23-30% Deet (or higher)...these Taiwanese mosquitoes love american blood

That's what I can think of now, but I'm sure there's more...